Thursday, July 24, 2008

In My Dreams...

I had the most vivid dream last night about Anchise. It was so incredibly real. When I fully awoke I had a hard time remembering if it had really happened or if it was just a dream. It was all about meeting her for the first time. I was walking over to see her, she was shy at first, but then smiled with a big grin. She let me pick her up and hold her. I could actually feel the weight of her body against mine. It was so AMAZING! Two months from now this dream will become a reality. I feel like God just gave me a "sneak peek" into what it will be like to see her. Thank you Lord for this gift!

~ and ~

For Amanda (and anyone else who's interested): I will be in Haiti for six calendar days, but the first and last day will not be full days. If I hadn't hesitated & TRUSTED more, I would have saved myself $50 on the ticket. On Monday it was $325 from Chicago, but on Tuesday (when I purchased) it was $375. That's what I get for second guessing! I am counting the days until this trip. I am beyond excited & incredibly thankful to be meeting Colleen & others adopting from Three Angels and most of all holding our girl. Praise the Lord!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I would be very interested to know your preparations for the trip (vaccinations, etc)

And how long it took to get your passport.

I know, I know...I'm high maint.
:~)

Are you going with someone? Or is it just you?

I ask a thousand questions only because I'm beginning to think on these things myself. My hubby doesn't want me going alone, he doesn't have time off to go...I've never been on a plane, much less out of the country...my list goes on and on.

You're actually helping me :~) Thanks for being brave!

Kristina said...

Aren't those dreams INCREDIBLE??????
Our God is good to us! Another thing you might want to think about is praying for God to show Anchise, YOU, in her dreams. That he would speak to her spirit to tell her YOU are her mommy and that you are a safe place for her. I KNOW that God did this for Jonas before my first trip. There is so much that can be accomplished in the spirit realm if we just believe and ask!

You will be meeting my husband Todd. He is going on the same trip. He is a professional photographer and is available to take pics for you of Anchise, just ask him! He eats that stuff up!

Kathy Eden said...

$375 for real??? Wow...I need to move to Chicago...well, maybe not! There's no easy way to get to Haiti from where I live...3 planes...very expensive ticket.

I had a very vivid dream like that about Samara right before my first trip.

Todd takes wonderful pictures & I'm sure he'll get some great ones of you & Anchise. I can't wait to see them!

CG said...

I LOVE those dreams! The Lord is so good to us, isn't He? I can't wait to see photos of you with your darling girl!

Michelle said...

I also have dreams about my Mercy and I look forward to seeing how much they compare to reality.