Friday, July 18, 2008

Girls Night Out

What a great night out! Delaney and I ventured out boy-free to see a performance at the local university of The Secret Garden. The show was very well done with lots of great music. It was so nice to look over at Delaney and see her with a big smile on her face. It's not often we get out alone together, but we need to make a point of doing it more often. She LOVES the theatre so this was a great opportunity for us to get our girl time in.

Another blessing from the evening was that I ran into someone I used to work with. She said seeing me reminded her that she had wanted to make a donation & she did just that. Praise the Lord! It was really a blessing talking with her and of course I had to gush a little about our precious Anchise. I managed to hold back the majority of the tears of thankfulness until I got to the parking lot.

On the way home the Lord gave me this passage:
And God will generously provide all you need.
Then you will always have everything you need
and plenty left over to share with others.
II Corinthians 9:8

Thank you Lord for an evening filled with Your blessings!

3 comments:

CG said...

Praise God for His provision! Glad you enjoyed your night with your daughter. :)

Kristina said...

The Secret Garden is the one musical I have not seen!!! I listen to the soundtrack all the time. In my mind I see it but in reality I have never seen it.

Glad you got your mommy daughter time. It is so important!

And how cool God blessed you with a donation too? Love it when he does that!

Katy said...

LOVE the Secret Garden-my very favorite musical! Praise God for your donation!