Saturday, May 24, 2008

Highlights of the Day...

  • My sister had us over for breakfast. She had a HUGE spread of fresh fruit salad, belgian waffles, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs with all the fixins'. Yum yum!
  • We met with the man from the country club who is donating the space to use for an adoption benefit. He was very interested in helping & even donated a few rounds of golf for a silent auction. Have possible band to donate free musical entertainment.
  • Secured several other gift certificate donations for silent auction.
  • Distributed lots of posters for the upcoming brat fry (that's short for bratwurst for all you non-Wisconsiners - think sausage, not naughty kids).
  • Got a $50.00 donation.
  • Upcoming Tastefully Simple fundraiser by Auntie Lucy...thank you! Already lots of orders coming in (thanks mom & co-workers)!
  • The sun was shining, we are all healthy & happy...much to be thankful for!

This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice & be glad in it!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the brat fry thing. I know what they are cause of my husband's German raising. But I can see how you might have to make that clarification. LOL

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting :-)

Kathy Eden said...

Praise God! That is awesome!

Ginny said...

That all sounds great-especially the breakfast you had. Seriously, the fundraiser sounds like it is really going to be a success!

Annie said...

Tremendous! I hope it all goes well.

Annie said...

Oh! The daughter of a friend of mine is spending the summer at Anchise's orphanage! I was looking at the photos from the website, and WOW! I recognize that little girl. Let me tell you - Anchise is in good hands with Kristyn; she is one of most intelligent, loving, Christian young women I know. Her parents adopted a younger child from the same region in Russia as my kids, who ended up my Anastasia's best friend.... Which I guess, just means that we only have one or two degrees of separation between us! Anchise is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

What a small world it is that Kaitlyn is working at Three Angels this summer. Kaitlyn is the daughter of Karen who is good friends with Annie, who knows Anchises mom through blog world!!

God is sooo good at making connections!! Kaitlyn is an awesome girl and your daughter will be well taken care of and loved!!

By the way...she is my niece. My husband and I adopted twin girls from Haiti 5 years ago. They are now 6!!

Best wishes in your adoption process!!

CG said...

Wow, I am loving the sound of this fund raiser, and it's great to see your orphanage fee amount decreasing a bit more every few days. Praying you will raise all you need very soon! Your sister sounds like SUCH a blessing! How wonderful to have a family member who seems as excited as you are!

Katy said...

Praise the Lord for so many blessings!!! How awesome that your fundraiser seems to be in full swing!! Wow, and how cool, I see someone recognizes your daughter, and knows that your daughter will get some extra attention from someone working at Three Angels! What a God-led connection!

Salzwedel Family said...

Hey mom its your wonderful daughter your right those waffles were delicous and the best eggs ever. Oh and i never knew brat fry stood for bratwurst oh well I learned something new.

Becky R said...

HI! How cool that everyone is rallying for your adoption fundraiser. -Becky in NJ