Friday, September 11, 2009

Two Weeks

It's been two weeks since I...


saw her face

touched her hair

held her hand

rubbed delicious smelling cream on her

colored with her

heard her singing
bought her plantains

cut up her "kitchen" (chicken)

watched her dance

played countless hands of Uno with her

watched her working with playdough

held her tight while she mourned

walked the streets of Ghana with her

drank tea with her

heard her laugh
watched her pout

snuggled in close with her to go to sleep

heard her call me mommy...
I. miss. her.

Lord, please remove any obstacles to bringing her home.

“Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. “You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.
Matthew 7:7-11

11 comments:

Annie said...

What obstacles might there be? When do you go get her?

Michelle said...

awwwww yes Lord Jesus bring her home soon!

Kathy Cassel said...

Hoping it's soon.

Salzwedel Family said...

We are still needing some very important pieces of paper including birth certificate, passport, and adoption decree.

Once we have the decree and birth certificate we can file our I-600. I think once we file it shouldn't be too long. I've talked with our local USCIS office and he told me our approval should be fairly quick. Of course I take that with a grain of salt.

Of course (sadly) there is always the financial need. All the money we had saved for pick up went to this trip so we are back to starting over for that. I just keep saying God is able! That is my mantra.

A. Gillispie said...

Oh, such a sweet baby. Praying that you are holding her again more quickly than you dare hope for. Praying that the Lord will provide financially in His perfect timing. Praying for your mommy heart as you face days without her.
Anita

Amanda said...

I just can't get over how I feel such a connection with you adoptive mothers. I have tears in my eyes because I KNOW these feelings and very soon, I'll know them in a whole new way. Praying for you today that God would bring about all you need.

Kathy Eden said...

Praying for her homecoming to be very soon! God will provide you with exactly what you need...just keep asking & believing!

Lena Just Lena said...

praying for you and with you, Stephanie.

livingpurereligion said...

Praying!

Kim said...

Praying she is home very soon and that God will provide and blow you away with His faithfulness. She is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Tears. I so know how hard it is to wait . I pray it is soon.