Thursday, September 24, 2009

Next Week

Today was the big day - the day I would get an update on the status of my needed paperwork. Here goes:

Adoption Decree: person who signs them has been out for two weeks. He did happen to come in today and managed to sign two decrees. The assistant took them to foreign affairs to be stamped, but can't remember which two names were signed for.
Verdict: It will be ready for sure by NEXT WEEK.

Birth Certificate: New and efficiently done computerized (?) birth certificate process vs. handwritten. I am in the middle of this new and improved process.
Verdict: It will be ready for sure by NEXT WEEK.

Death Certificate: Oops...did we need that?
Verdict: It will be ready for sure by NEXT WEEK.

It's been a downer of a week for me so I was really hoping for some positive news. I know I've had a bad attitude, but I need to choose to praise instead of feel down. I am reminded how weak my flesh is. I am ashamed when doubt creeps in and I am blinded to the fact that God is faithful. I am saddened that I so quickly forget the amazing ways God has provided for this journey. I hate that!

I am hoping and praying that NEXT WEEK I will be able to report that I actually have all of these things. Please join me in that prayer.
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
Hebrews 10:35-36

12 comments:

Jen said...

Parkour!! Did you see my post about this? When people ask how the adoption is going, I say "Parkour". It makes me laugh and I need that now or I will cry. You know I am with you sister and if we were on the large vehicle jumping down on a refrigerator box, I would jump with you and hold your hand....

Hugs,
Jennine

Laura said...

Ok, I just can't let you be that down on yourself!

This is SO HARD- indiscribably HARD- and God is so in love with you and your faith and your faithfulness. He's also hurting with you and feels your frustration and pain. He is not in any way disappointed in you. He knew what this would be like and He WILL use it for His glory and your growth- even the awful ugly days when it feels like it will never end and never get any better.

I love how honest you are and NO ONE,not even Him, thinks that you should always be up on the worst days just because there were easier days before that you remember but CANNOT feel right now.

Hang on, my friend. He's got you.

Sean and Lisa said...

Praying, praying, praying!!

Katy said...

Don't beat yourself up for a second....I can't begin to tell you how rotten my attitude has been lately, and how tired I am of hearing that news "should be coming soon." The enemy will grab hold if we let him....but God is still holding on to us. We WILL be giving HIM alone glory....I am praying for you! Thank you for your constant encouragement to me.

Erin said...

Thank you so much for this post-you put into words what I have been feeling for three years, thank you for your honesty. I am here sympathizing with you and praying that NEXT WEEK is a very blessed week for you!
In Him
Erin

The Gang's Momma! said...

Oh Steph, we've all been there in that place of frustration, doubt, shame, anger. I'm so sorry that you are there now (again?) with this journey to Mercy. But hang in there, friend. HE loves you with an everlasting consuming love. He ISN'T blind to your pain or to your desire to do it better. But HIS GRACE covers all of that. And He's holding sweet Mercy preparing her for you and your family. Sending hugs across the miles - and praying for you today.

CG said...

Poot. I was hoping for big things, too! Just remember a lot of amazing things CAN happen inside of a week. I'm going to pray that THIS coming week is full of good news!

Maybe it would make you feel better to do a Haiti contrast? Let's try it, just for kicks...

It would take 6 months or a year to get these missing docs in Haiti, and the person issuing them would get fired the day before they were due to sign & release them. Then it would take 8 months to train someone to replace them, and it the meantime your whole dossier would get lost due to a big hurricane sweeping across the land. You'd re-do all your paperwork just in time for some loser from UNICEF to come in and single out your orphanage for "child trafficking" and take away their license.

Hmmm.... Have I really been thinking of adopting again? Maybe I should go on and bury that idea!

CG said...

PS- That comment was NOT meant to undermine your grief over Ghana. You have every right to be frustrated and to miss your darling daughter!

I was hoping it would have a comic relief effect, but as I re-read it's hard to laugh. It's just too much like reality! :(

Come on Lord- Mercy, please!

Amanda said...

**praying**

whenpigsfly said...

Oh I SO understand!!! Thank yo ufor sharing the verse in Hebrews because I desperately needed to apply it to our Liberian adoptions, which are no where due to the ongoing and unaddressed suspension. Trustingwith you that NEXT WEEK will be your week of completed and signed documents!
Linda

Grateful said...

Praying friend. It can be such a roller coaster ride. I really dislike the doubt part too. Definately from the enemy. Try to praise God through it...He is faithful, you know that.
T

Kathy Eden said...

Yeah, "next week" gets as old as "tomorrow" & then "tomorrow" turns into weeks, months, etc.

Praying for you!