Tuesday, June 24, 2008

All Night, All Day...Angels Watching Over "B"

We are thanking God that our Mr. B was not seriously injured Sunday night. We had been at the brat stand all day (earning $300). I was getting out of the shower when I heard a huge crash followed by screaming. Jeff zoomed past the bathroom door, down the hall, and ran in the boys room to find their five drawer dresser crashed onto the floor completely on top of Mr. B. He said he picked up the dresser & felt like he could throw it through the wall. He found B laying face down flat with his legs each out to one side. He had decided to scale the dresser & ended up on the losing end.

Miraculously he walked away from it with only a bloody lip. I know very well that this could have ended much differently. He could have been seriously injured or even killed. We are thanking God that he kept our precious one safe from harm. Hopefully our little monkey will think twice about climbing. He can seriously climb just about anything whether it appears to be climbable or not. Praise God for His protection!

Outside fun

Climbing at the zoo last week

Walking around the park

7 comments:

Tim & Sarah said...

How awful that the dresser fell on him, but how good that he was ok.

Becky R said...

Praise the Lord he is ok! -Becky

Kathy Eden said...

Praising God that he's okay...that had to be so scary for him.

Katy said...

Scary!! God WAS watching out for him-thank the Lord! Congrats on your brat sale earnings!!

The Gang's All Here! said...

Oh my! So glad he's okay. I told BBE that the four gray hairs at the front of my head were his. (Not that I only have four, those are the ones I could show him quickly!!!!)

Hope the lip heals quick :)

Amanda said...

Man! Boys, boys, boys!!! Glad he's ok! Great about the money-making brats! Sweet little Anchise! She's so precious under that crib, and I got tickled at your 'where's waldo" comment. LOL Yep. I understand that. I've searched Bryn's sight for an inkling of my boy, but I only have one picture to go on right now...it's hard.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he's okay. Having furniture fall on a child is one of the most common causes of accidental death in children. We bought L shaped things and screwed all of our furniture to the walls just for the peace of mind as we have two 4 year olds who think they are Spiderman.