After a nice steamy shower and a meal other than bratwurst, I decided the day had actually been a huge success - maybe not financially - but in other ways:
- God blessed us with beautiful weather - the sun was shining and there was a cool breeze blowing all day long!
- Jeff, Delaney & I got to spend the day together!
- We had the ability and the resources to have a fundraiser!
- We got to visit with many friends & family who came to show their support!
- We got to meet someone new from Junction City who follows our blog!
- We had the opportunity to talk with someone who had volunteered several weeks in Zambia and Malawi!
- We are $231 closer to our Ghana trip than we were the day before!
All of those things made for a very successful day indeed.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
His love endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34