I made one of our favorite dishes - cajun seafood pasta. It is so scrumptious and we love to sop up the sauce with a nice loaf of crusty bread. Yummy!
2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 pkg. baby portabella mushrooms (quartered)
5 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 lb. sea scallops (cut if larger)
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb. dry fettuccine pasta
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Pour dream into large skillet and cook over medium heat. Stir constantly until just about boiling. Reduce head and add herbs, salt, peppers, onions, and parsley. Simmer 7 to 8 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in seafood, mushrooms, and tomatoes, cooking until shrimp is no longer transparent.
- Stir in cheeses, blending well.
- Drain pasta. Serve sauce over noodles.