Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Great Day

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice & be glad in it!

We had an amazing speaker at church this morning - Apostle Greenwell Simutowe. He is the founder of Missions Outreach Ministries International located in Zambia. His passion for the Lord was inspiring & was a great start to the day. There was a spaghetti lunch afterwards as a fundraiser for his ministry which we were happy to participate in...yummy! Please join me in praying for Apostle Simutowe and that his ministry will reach many for Christ.

Our town had a huge fire safety event today & firefighters from throughout the area came with demonstrations, prizes, & of course their trucks. Mr. B was in heaven with all of these firetrucks in one location. All the kids had a lot of fun!

My great afternoon continued with a Swedish massage...oh yeah! Have I mentioned what a huge perk it is to have a massage therapist for a husband?

Even without all of these wonderful blessings, I would hope I could still wake up & want to praise the Lord. We have much to be thankful for!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

It sounds like you had a great day! Yesterday was the Fall Festival in our town and the Fire station also had things going on. My parents and my nieces were here. My mom and I and my nieces took a ride on an old fashioned fire truck. I bet Mr. B would have loved that. I am sure Levi will too someday.

Hugs,
Tracy

Leslie said...

What a great day! Praise God. PS I tagged you on my blog. :)

Lena Just Lena said...

Sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing. God is great.

poseygirl said...

I wish I had read this post yesterday. Your joy is contagious! God is surely smiling. He is amazing.

Thank you for always stopping by and showing me love. I always start smiling before I even read your comments. You rock!!! Bless you, sweetie.