- In high school I LOVED Duran Duran. I don't mean just a little bit, I LOVED them! My room was wall-to-wall DD posters. John Taylor was my absolute favorite and I dreamed of the day we would get married. Ha! That is so lame.
- We are a musical family - I play flute, Jeff plays drums, Delaney plays flute & cello. I secretly long to play guitar & piano. Some day...
- I enjoy gourmet cooking for dinner guests, but I don't do it very often because the best & freshest ingredients are often too rich for my budget. I love trying new recipes all the time - gourmet or not.
- One of my favorite non-gourmet meals is a good old-fashioned hillbilly dinner - fried potatoes, pinto beans with raw onion cut up in it, cornbread, homemade applesauce & sweet tea. Yummy! I was born in West Virginia & request this meal every year on my birthday from my mom.
- My faith in the Lord has grown tremendously in the past five years. I've always been a believer, but unfortunately much of my life has been spent being a "casual Christian" - it was good to have God for emergencies & such, but I didn't think about Him on a regular basis. I strive each day to include God in my whole day, my whole life. I fail frequently, but His mercies are new every morning. The adoption has grown my faith in ways I could have never imagined. God is good!
- My favorite movies are pre-20th century period pieces. I recently watched Becoming Jane and loved it. Pride & Prejudice is coming via Netflix this week & I can't wait.
- If I could go back in time & change one thing it would be to never get any cats. We have three cats who are 16 years old and I'm sorry to say they have worn out their welcome. Animal lovers please don't hate me (sorry Cara).
UPDATE: I officially tag Kristina even though she thinks my head is filled with cheese and that I have forgotten her since I've been home, even though it's not true & she knows I love her very much!