Friday, February 8, 2008

Home Study...Take 3

Ughh! I thought we would be done with our home study yesterday. I guess Judy will come back on the 26th to meet D & K. She's had two opportunities to meet B, so he is covered. It's not that I don't like visiting with her - in fact I think she's very enjoyable to talk to - but I really wanted to be done so we could get our report & start applying for grants. At least if I'm filling out grant paperwork it will feel like I'm accomplishing something instead of just sitting & waiting (although I suppose I should get used to the waiting part). She did make a nice comment on her way out though, she said "I think you have a lot to offer a child". It was just what I wanted to hear...

I'm currently reading "Brave Enough to Follow" by Stuart Briscoe. I'd like to sign off with some words that have meant alot to me:
"So it is with the call of Christ. He does not fill in the blanks. He does not discuss the fine points. He doesn't have to. He chooses not to answer all the questions, and at times appears to ignore some of the fears. All He does is show us who He is, prove He is totally reliable, and give us the opportunity to jump & discover that He cares for us in love & envisions for us a future beyond imagination. The call of Jesus was, and still is, short on detail but full of promise."

No comments: