I can assure you this beautiful girl did not just fall into our laps overnight. We've had her picture for a while and have been praying about her. As you can imagine, we were feeling a little skiddish to commit to anything, but once we made the decision to move forward with her things came together quickly and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted.
- Obtain required paperwork for dossier...1-3 months
- Upon receipt of dossier, Ghana Team begins to prepare documents for court...2 – 4 weeks
- Once documents are completed, attorney files papers in court...2 – 4 weeks
- Once the court grants the adoption the court documents need to be recorded by Registrar...1 - 4 weeks
- Child’s passport is applied for and obtained...up to 4 weeks
- Receive court documents to file with the I600 USCIS application at the U.S. Embassy in Accra or families home state...1 – 3 months
- When I600 is approved by the US Embassy they will forward the file to the U.S. Consulate in Accra. Agency applies for the visa and goes to the visa interview...1 – 4 weeks
- At end of visa interview the U.S. Consulate will inform agency of the date visa will be ready for pick up...1 – 2 weeks
- Travel time!
Truly our biggest obstacle now is financial. This is a total leap of faith and we are trusting completely for God to work this out. We have several fundraisers in the works and are also praying to find favor with some grant sources. We are in the process of updating our homestudy and we need to get our I-171H approval changed to Ghana.
So, there you have it...the ball is rolling and we are praying this precious girl home.
Praise be to the LORD,
the God of Israel,
from everlasting to everlasting.
Amen and Amen.