Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pharmacy Fun

I went this morning and picked up my prescription for Chloroquine (anti-malaria med). I just about fell over when they told me 12 little pills were $58.00! My reaction, of course, was "are you sure that's right". Thankfully they re-ran it through insurance and it ended up being only $11. Whew...

I love reading the warnings that accompany a prescription. The highlight of this one included "may cause blurred vision - using this medicine may lessen your ability to drive, operate machinery or perform hazardous tasks". I'm praying I won't have this problem, but if I do it will all be worth it because this is more than just a prescription, it is yet another sign that I am getting ready to go to Haiti. Praise God!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

So do you have to begin taking that PRE trip?

And hey, you're probably already delirious with excitement, so you'll never know the difference~ :~)

It's Gonna Be Me said...

So cool, Stephanie! Although taking the chloroquine isn't what anyone would call "fun," it means you are that much closer to travel day! I cannot wait to meet you.

Just some advice...take it at night before bed. If you do have any side effects, you'll sleep through it. :-)

2 weeks and counting....

Michelle said...

LOL that made me laugh.

steffany said...

After reading the warning labels of our meds, I chose not to take them. Big mistake! Huge mistake! You are so much smarter than me:)

Salzwedel Family said...

Yes, the doctor said I need to take it one a week beginning two weeks prior for a total of 12 weeks. Fun stuff...

I took the first one last night before bed (as recommended by Colleen...thank you) and didn't have any problems. It may have helped that I said a prayer before taking it!