Thursday, September 18, 2008

8 Days

In eight days my life will be changed forever...forever.

Use me, Lord, and let me serve
in every way I can.
Let me channel love and hope,
According to Your plan.
Show me the way, lead me to where
There is a plea for help and care.
Then let me be the light and means
To be the answer to a prayer.
Use my talents and my strengths
That I might serve You best
by sharing all You've given me,
For which I'm truly blessed.
Use me, Lord, give me the words
To comfort and console.
Then guide me with each step I take
To touch the heart of some dear soul.
For I have much that I can give
And I offer willingly
to be Your vessel while I serve...
Dear precious Lord, use me.
~Patience Allison Hartbauer

8 comments:

CG said...

I think your life has already been changed forever by Anchise, but Haiti itself will change you all the more... You'll only love your sweet little girl more after this trip, and then the wait to get her home will change the way you look at everything. I'm very excited for you, Stephanie! I can't wait to see those first meeting pictures. Try not to sob like me. I look disgusting in all mine. Just ask Cara B- who tried so hard to get a nice photo of the event, but it just wasn't happenin'!

Katy said...

Oh, my, I can't wait to see the photos..I am getting so excited for you too...it is almost time!! No, life won't ever be the same...

Unknown said...

I think about you everyday and get a huge smile on my face when I think about the fact that you will be hugging your sweetie so very soon! Your life WILL most definitely be changed forever!!! A warning: The waiting will only get harder once you've held your precious little one in your arms and swapped sloppy wet kisses with them. But oh, the love and joy and bonding that will occur in that short amount of time... that will be worth every tear that you shed! I'm praying for you!

PS- I didn't get a package to you in time, but please give my kids the biggest hug and kiss from their mama! And if you happen to snap a few pictures of them, I'd be so delighted!

Amanda said...

It's so exciting and I'm sure the Lord will show you amazing things in this journey. Precious lessons and experiences...can't wait for you to come back and share them with us.

Lena Just Lena said...

I'm praying for you and Anchise, Stephanie. I'm so excited, I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm in love with Haiti, and I'm sure you will be too. It's amazing.

:-)

junglemama said...

What a day it will be for you when you hold your sweet baby girl!

Michelle said...

he is using you my sweet new friend and I can not wait to hear how he will continue to.

Becky R said...

How exciting! -Becky in NJ