Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Two Down...Two Thousand To Go

Well, maybe not two thousand, but it certainly seems that way! We received our official approval from CCI today along with the adoption services agreement. I guess the next big thing is our home study. I made lots of phone calls this afternoon to various organizations who provide these services. I am amazed at the price difference for the same service. We have had quotes of two thousand, three thousand, four thousand, and the whopper of all - six thousand! I think I nearly passed out when I heard that one. I'm certain I stopped breathing momentarily.

Thankfully I believe we have found someone to do this that we not only felt comfortable with, but they were also more reasonably priced. She will be coming to meet with us next Thursday afternoon at 1:00 pm. We will have one more long meeting after that in our home and then have to complete 16 hours of adoption training in Madison. This is probably the most important piece of paperwork that will be completed as it will ultimately decide whether or not we are able to continue with this adoption. Please keep our family in prayer and that all will go smoothly.

We are moving forward in FAITH, believing this process is in God's hands and that He will be our ultimate provider. We look forward to sharing His good news and saying "look what our Lord has done - he has provided a miracle for us".

He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. Job 5:9

No comments: