Friday, November 2, 2007

Keeping the Faith


As the excitement of yesterdays bit of news has waned a harsh reality is setting in. We need money! As many of you know pursuing this adoption has been a great leap of faith for us. We know God has called us to do this. We know we are doing it for His glory. When I share the news of our adoption with people I always share God's presence in our actions. I really feel we have been able to use this as a ministry to share God's love with people.

Are we prepared to bring another child into our hearts and home to love - YES! Are we able to support another little body financially, spiritually & emotionally - YES! Do we have thousands of dollars sitting around to pay for this adoption - NO! I don't like to second guess God, but when I get discouraged it seems to be the first place I go (and then I feel bad for going there). Why would He put this desire into our hearts and not provide a way for it to happen?

My faith feels like a roller coaster lately. One day I am confident, faithful, sure. I know this seems impossible, but God will make a way. The next day I am unsure and second guessing the decision to pursue this. My mind starts wandering and wondering how we are going to pull this off.

It is during these difficult times that I know I am leaning on my own strength. My strength is not capable of withholding these floodgates of emotion. Thankfully I have someone else to lean on - my rock, my strong tower, my comforter, my good and faithful keeper of promises. He is capable of accomplishing so much more than I could ever dream to ask for.

So I will believe & trust in Him. I know He is working in our hearts and lives. I will keep the faith.

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2

No comments: