After much prayerful consideration we have decided to pursue this adoption with a different adoption agency and orphanage than originally planned. Please know it is in no way due to any dissatisfaction, it was simply a financial decision. And since we hadn't formally applied to the other agency (just had a few phone calls and e-mails) there is no reason to not move forward with this alternative. I had a wonderful talk with Sara at Celebrate Children International (http://www.celebratechildren.org/) on Wednesday morning. After we got off the phone I prayed, and prayed, and prayed some more (and cried a little in between). I believe she is one of the people on this earth that God will use to lead us to our daughter. Our conversation concluded with the name of a little girl residing in an orphanage in Haiti. When I saw her picture I began to cry thinking "this could be my daughter". I am reluctantly joyful. Reluctant, only because I don't want to become attached to a photograph. I want to give my whole heart to this beautiful child, but will be patient and let His plan unfold. If this is our daughter I know God will move mountains to bring her home to us. I am praying that His plan will be revealed to us in His perfect time. Blessings!
The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2
The Happy Hour #180: Sonja Overhiser
3 days ago