Monday, February 22, 2010

A Breakthrough...At Last!

I was so excited last week. Wednesday we were told the passport would be ready Thursday or Friday so I was all set and holding off to do a post announcing the exciting news. Friday, however, came and went with no news and disappointment.

This morning I received an e-mail that Edward has indeed SEEN the hard copy of our printed passport. The only thing missing is the director's signature which he believes he will obtain tomorrow. I was given the green light to request a visa appointment from the U.S. Embassy in Accra.

It is weird to think we are moving forward. I'm pinching myself and wondering if it's true. If, by chance, (and this is best case scenario) we get the passport in the morning and have the visa appointment on Monday we could have her visa by the 5th. Then it would be time to bring her home.

I am almost scared to be excited. This afternoon I didn't know what to feel. I almost felt nothing at all because "progress" or potential progress is so foreign feeling. The reality that I could need to be able to make travel plans in two weeks is setting in. We are praying for a smooth visa process and for provision for the trip.

Lord, let it be and may you get ALL the glory!

12 comments:

JacciM said...

Oh, praise God!!! I've been waiting for a new blog post :) I will most definitely pray especially for you all tonight - what an encouraging word for you!!!

~Jacci

Sean and Lisa said...

YES! YES! YES!!!
Doing the happy dance!
Praying!!!!!!

Lena Just Lena said...

Continuing to pray.....

It is for sure an adventure, isn't it?

Kristin said...

Praying for closure!!!

Deborah said...

This is Wonderful News!!
I am praying with you and for your beautiful little girl.

Tereasa said...

Sweet Lady, this has been such a *long* journey for you. May it soon be over!

Brandy and Troy said...

Whooooooooh Hooooooooh!!

Amanda said...

Praying in KY for you, sweet stephanie! Hoping that this week is YOUR week for flurry, excitement, and GREAT anticipation~~

Kathy Eden said...

Praying for the passport, quick & smooth visa appointment, & an amazing trip to bring your girl home!

The Last Crusade said...

Woo-Hoo! Praying this is the real thing! Finally a light at the end of the tunnel!

Tanya said...

great news! hope your emotional roller coaster of waiting will be over soon and you can focus on bringing that beautiful girl home!!

A. Gillispie said...

AHHHH!!!!!!! I am so praying that this is IT IT IT!!!!!! Praying that the director signs that passport tomorrow and you have a SCAN of it for proof as well!!!!

Love!
Anita