- We rescheduled our brat fry fundraiser that was supposed to be held today. The weather forecast was miserable with storms/rain/cold so we decided to forgo the torture and trust God that another day will work out better.
- We spent the afternoon pricing stuff for our adoption garage sale fundraiser. When Jeff offered to let me use his price gun I was in pricing heaven! Just set the dial and click away. It was almost fun to see how fast I could price stuff (yes, I realize that is quite pathetic to say out loud). It also brought back a lot of memories going through the clothes that the kids used to wear.
- Here's a quick shout out to our good friends the Streckert family! They are an amazing bunch so we just have to say, "hey". Check your calendar guys and let us know when you can come over for dinner.
- There has been much talk about selling our home. The warehouse where Jeff works out of is relocating and it would be nice to be closer to where the new one is being built. Don't really relish the idea of the act of moving, but having a different house is very appealing. Our kitchen is small and drives me crazy on a daily basis with the lack of cupboard/counter space. Delaney's bedroom is also small and the girls will be sharing. We've also had lots of conversations and checking around for what to do about beds. Her room is too small for a double bed, but we really don't want bunk beds either. We thought a trundle bed would be nice for space, but we don't want Mercy to feel like a second class citizen having her bed pull out from underneath. I have a feeling we'll end up with bunks.
- We've tentatively been van shopping. Our van is burning oil like crazy, the driver's side window doesn't roll down, the passenger side mirror is broken off, rust spots are in the beginning stages and we've recently learned the air conditioning is no longer working. Sigh. We really don't want a car payment, so we're praying about what direction to take with this. It's amazing how easy it is to get caught up in the idea of owning a new vehicle. I feel like we need to keep the spending to a minimum and not get trapped by a fancy vehicle. When I think about how I can stop, take a step back and recognize that, I thank God for the work He has done in me. It used to be fairly easy for us to get caught up in worldly trappings. We've made a lot of progress in determining needs vs. wants. Praise the Lord!
- I was planning to send in our dossier on Friday and then realized I didn't have Jeff's employment letter. That's the only piece of paper I'm waiting on and I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow so I can overnight the whole thing to our agency. Since God already has her homecoming day figured out a few days wait won't matter anyway.
- Lots going on with the school year wrapping up and dance recital coming. I will surely be glad when summer break is here and life's pace slows down.
I pray you all have a blessed week!