Friday, October 15, 2010

Perfect Timing

My heart is heavy for many friends currently waiting for their children to come home. I remember very clearly the agony of waiting. The longing and having a hard time understanding why it was taking so long. The end is the hardest...so close, yet so far away.

Over and over again I heard how God's timing was perfect. It was something I knew without a doubt in my head, but my heart had a bit more trouble digesting that statement. People would say it with the best of intentions, but it stung. I didn't want to hear those words because they echoed with triteness in my ears.

My friends, you WILL get the call. The pain of the wait WILL end and you may very well find yourself wondering why God thought you were competent enough to handle this in the first place. You may even contemplate why it wasn't dragged out a little longer (but I know you can't believe that now).

Take heart, dear ones, as the wait and setbacks are all part of the plan. Cry. Ache. Long for your children. Pray and maybe even beg. It's all good & necessary. God is in control.
"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope." - Psalm 130:5

11 comments:

Meehan Family said...

Amen!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Good word, girl! Yes, it does end. Yes, it does have a purpose. And YES, it does hurt along the way. But He is Good ALL THE WHILE!

Annie said...

I know; it is crazy.....but everything about adoption is so mysterious and miraculous. Oddly, I never doubted God's timing. Only once, I actually doubted that my son existed. Just momentarily I doubted my sanity.

Now everyone doubts my sanity!

Lena Just Lena said...

very well said, Stephanie. Thanks for sharing your heart.

Kim said...

Love you friend!

M and L said...

Stephanie,
I was going to ask you your thoughts and feelings about this "waiting" stage.......how you got through it and how you look at it in retrospect. How long did you wait for that visa? This waiting is getting hard and it just stinks!!
Laura

Kathy Eden said...

So true Stephanie! Thanks for sharing! It is a reminder to me to keep praying for those who are still waiting.

MM Enterprises said...

THANKS FOR SHARING WITH US.

hotelvillapadierna said...

Keep on blogging interesting post.
Villa at Hotel Villa Padierna

Anonymous said...

If you weeped for the missing sunset,you would miss all the shining stars -->>agematch-->> http://www.youdatingme.com I It's a great dating service for 30+ singles .The quality dating site successfully help over millions people (special in Australia, USA, Canada, United Kingdom and other countries of EU etc.)for fun, romance, relationships, love and more. Meet and chat instantly with seniors from your area

Fitness for All said...

I'm glad you're holding back. God never burdens a soul beyond his capacity to bear it. All will be well. :')
Check out my blog too. I'm a beginner though and comment please: anoshanadeem.blogspot.com